Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tuna Salad

The blog that inspired my blog includes $3 meals. I like the idea. Honestly though, the recipes on that blog are not only completely unappealing to me, but make barely enough to be considered a snack. I figured I would start blogging my own $3 meals as I make them.

Todays $3 meal is tuna salad. Not exactly gormet but a good simple meal, especially if you are in a hurry. I can pull this together in about 20 minutes, and it can also be made the day before and stored in the fridge if you know you are going to be short on time.

Tuna salad - $2.92

2 cans tuna - $0.98
1 bag egg noodles - $0.99
1/2 bag frozen peas - $0.49
1/2 onion, chopped - $0.07
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing - $0.30
Salt and pepper - $0.01
1 tsp garlic powder - $0.04
1/2 tsp oregano - $0.02
1/2 tsp basil - $0.02

Bring a pan of water to boil. Dump in noodles and peas and cook until done.
Drain, rinse with cold water until completely cool. Let drain completely.
In a big bowl mix noodles, peas and the rest of the ingredients together.
Eat cold. It's good.

Voila. A fast dinner that is super cheap and will make leftovers for the average family of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment