Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spinach Mascarpone Soup $4.50

I have a love affair with soup. I love just about any kind of soup. I discovered this recipe a few years ago and fell in love. My family? Not so much. Not one of them really cares for any kind of soup, which means I don't get this very often. Still, it's heaven in a bowl so I thought I would share it.


2 Tbsp butter
1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 cup fresh spinach (pack it down tight though, you want a good amount)
3.5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup mascarpone

Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the scallions and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes or until softened.

Pack the spinach into the pan, add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer covered, 15-20 minutes.

When done, process in a food processor or with a handheld blender until smooth. Return to pan and add mascarpone cheese and cook over low, stirring gently, until smooth

Garnish with croutons and enjoy.



Project 365: My puppy, who is one hell of a handful and a whole lot of fun. We have had him almost a year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment