Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bartering services

This is probably one of the best ways of saving money. Everyone has their own strengths.

I had a small leak under my sink that decided to soak some things today. My husband was at work and the valve thing wasn't doing much. I called my neighbor, who happens to be a plumber and he came and fixed it up for me. Don't ask me what he did because I have no clue.

My husband is amazingly good at computers. He can fix anything. My neighbor has been having issues with his computer. My husband has offered to fix it before but I don't think he wanted to bother us with it. So I told him he now has to bring it over to be fixed so I can pay him back. I don't have a ton of money but we do have some knowlege. I have also traded photography services for things as that is my area (although that is another of my husband's areas too. The man is good at everything, I swear)

So network and use your talents and you can get some things done.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me so much of myself, last week I needed help mending a fence, however I didn't have any cash on me, but then the fence guy asked me if he could have some of my fresh cookies, and I gave him the whole batch. He was so happy, and I now have a hole-free fence. If you want to explore more about bartering, I recommend you look at http://barterquest.com

    ReplyDelete