Thursday, January 14, 2010

Big changes coming

I am going back to work...I think.

I worked at a daycare center until last year. I then went to homeschooling the girls so I put my notice in. I have subbed in a couple days a month at both the center I worked at and the closer one. I was just offered a position at the closer center with great hours, in the room I love to be in (the infant room). I decided to take it. With the girls back in school, I would like to say I have been getting a ton of my own schoolwork done, but I haven't. I have been working on it but never more than an hour or two a day. I would like to say my house is sparkly clean and I spend hours cleaning it to perfection but I don't. In the end I am going back to a job I love and the paychecks definitely won't hurt. While my husband makes enough to pay the bills it will be nice to have the extra income to put into savings and work on things like paying off his truck sooner. It doesn't hurt that I asked for a raise.

The hours will be during school hours so I won't miss out on anything at home. It no longer requires me to get up at the crack of dawn, in fact I will be leaving my house at the same time as my husband and kids. I will be home in time to take my daughter to swim.

I am still horribly nervous about another big change but I have already decided that 2010 is going to be awesome so how bad can it be?

So this blog is definitely going to go in a different direction than I planned when I first started it, but I don't think that is a bad thing. Just different.

I go in Monday to finalize everything. They already have my background check on file so there won't be a delay like there was when I was first hired. Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

Project 365: I have decided I don't like combining project 365 with my blog, so if you are looking for the photos, I am moving the project to http://365project.org/coralblur/365

No comments:

Post a Comment